Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies with YumiBox
If you have been following A Year of Boxes for a while you will know that we use to feature recipes on a regular basis. It’s something we have been meaning to start featuring again and hope this will be the first of many. We receive some really amazing food/kitchen items in our subscription boxes and want to show you what we do with them.
We recently started reviewing YumiBox, a Canadian Subscription Box sending Gourmet Whole Grains to your door every month, and just had to show you what we have been doing with their YumiOats. You are going to LOVE this recipe!
Today we are making Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies:
Recipe: Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
- 3 Bananas
- 4 packages YumiOats (this time we used the Red Velvet Mix)
- 2 tbs Chia Seeds
- 3-4 tbs Pumpkin Seeds
- in a large bowl, mash banana until smooth
- mix in oats, chia seeds and pumpkin seeds
- use ice cream scoop to portion onto baking sheet
- use measuring cup or regular cup to flatten cookies
- bakes at 350 F for 15-20 minutes
- makes 7 large or 14 small
Notes: These are my new go-to breakfast or midday snack. They are really good with your morning coffee, and you don’t have to feel guilty because they are healthy and contain no added sugar. I make at least one batch of these every month. So far my favourite has been the Red Velvet YumiOat mix, probably because of the sugar-free chocolate chunks, raspberries, strawberry powder and beet root powder…….so good!! I’m super excited to see what YumiOat mix we get in the March YumiBox.