Chef’s Plate Review – Asiago & Pesto Flatbreads
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Have you tried Chef’s Plate yet? If not, you really need to. This is a recipe delivery service for us Canadians. It is similar to Hello Fresh & Blue Apron which are US-based recipe delivery services. I get a Chef’s Plate delivery every week and it has completely transformed my dinner game. If it weren’t for Chef’s Plate the BF and I would be living on spaghetti and takeout. Our lives are pretty hectic right now, and there’s absolutely NO way I would have time to grocery shop, and meal plan on my own.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes I made for the BF last week. I try to order Vegan friendly recipes as often as I can, but I also order regular recipes for him…….he’s a big guy, I can’t expect him to live on tofu and salad….
Recipe: Asiago & Pesto Flatbreads
- 2 stone baked flatbreads
- 2 oz mozzarella cheese
- 1 1/2 oz asiago cheese
- 4 oz cherry tomatoes
- 1 small zucchini
- 3 oz baby arugula
- 1 1/2 oz basil pesto
- 1 red onion
- 1 1/2 oz red wine vinegar
- 1 pack honey
- halve, peel and slice red onion, in small pot combine with 3/4 vinegar and 1/2 cup water, bring to boil, then remove from heat, stir to coat and let stand
- use vegetable peeler to shave zucchini into ribbons, quarter cherry tomatoes
- place flatbreads on baking sheet, divide mozzarella between flatbreads, layer with zucchini, cherry tomatoes, and 1/2 of the pickled red onions, dollop with basil pesto and sprinkle with asiago cheese
- bake in oven at 450 for 8-10 minutes, until vegetables are soft and flatbread is crisp
- in large bowl whisk honey, remaining vinegar and 1 tbs oil, add arugula and remaining pickled onions, toss to combine
- serve flatbreads with salad and enjoy!
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]