Chef’s Plate Review: Bangkok Coconut Curry Noodles
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
I mentioned in my last review that I have been testing out some other recipe delivery services lately and that I keep coming back to Chef’s Plate. This statement still holds true, especially since my last order from one of the other companies included produce that had gone bad, and the delivery before that was missing ingredients. So far Chef’s Plate has been the most consistent, which is why I am back with another review. Today we are looking at one of three recipes from my last delivery.
Recipe: Bangkok Coconut Curry Noodles
- 6.5 oz vermicelli rice noodles
- 160 ml coconut milk
- 1 red shepherd pepper
- 4 oz snow peas
- 2 heirloom carrots
- 1 oz roasted cashews
- 1 lime
- 1/2 oz green curry paste
- 1/2 oz ginger
- 1/2 oz soy sauce
- make sauce: in medium pot add 1 tbs cooking oil over medium heat, add green curry paste and ginger, cook for 30 seconds, add coconut milk and juice from half lime, whisk until combined, transfer to large bowl, stir in soy sauce, let cool
- prepare ingredients: thinly slice pepper, remove strings and halve snow peas, peel carrots and grate (or slice), roughly chop cashews
- cook noodles: bring large pot of salted water to boil, add noodles and cook for 4 minutes, then add snow peas and cook for another 2-3 minutes until bright green, drain and rinse with cold water, add cooked noodles to bowl with sauce, toss to coat
- plate & serve: serve chilled noodles with pepper and carrots on top, garnish with cashews and remaining lime
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.