Chef’s Plate Review: Broccoli & Peanut Pad Thai
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of 2016. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Broccoli & Peanut Pad Thai
Channel the flavours of Bangkok in your favourite South Asian stir-fry! Golden-hued rice noodles intertwine with a medley of sautéed broccoli and red bell pepper. A luscious coating of sweet chili peanut sauce brings the signature pad Thai flavour, with a dusting of crushed peanuts for crunch.
- 1 package Rice Noodles
- 6oz Broccoli
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Celery Stalk
- 1 Egg
- 2 oz Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 Lime
- 2oz Peanut Butter
- 1/2oz Crushed Peanuts
- 2 Green Onions
- 1oz Soy Sauce
- 2g Ground Turmeric
- Prepare the Ingredients: bring a large pot of water to a boil, cut the broccoli into 1-inch florets, thinly slice the green onions, halve the lime, thinly slice the red bell pepper, thinly slice the celery.
- Cook the Eggs: in large pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium high until hot, whisk the eggs in a small bowl, cook the eggs for 2-3 minutes, stirring often until firm and scrambled, use a spatula to remove the eggs and set aside, wipe the pan clean.
- Cook the Veggies: in the same pan, heat 2 tsp oil over medium high until hot, cook the broccoli and celery for 5-8 minutes, stir the red bell pepper and cook for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Cook the Noodles: when the water comes to a boil, add the turmeric and rice noodles, cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender, strain and rinse the noodles in warm water, return the noodles to the pot.
- Mix the Sweet Chili Sauce: while the noodles cook, in a medium bowl add the soy sauce, sweet chili sauce, juice from the lime, peanut butter and 2 tbsp of water, whisk to dissolve the peanut butter, add the sauce, vegetables and eggs to the noodles, toss to coat.
- Serve: plate the broccoli and peanut Pad Thai, garnish with the peanuts and green onions.
Thoughts: I absolutely LOVE Pad Thai. I would definitely put it at the top of my list when it comes to favourite recipes. I love the mixture of noodles, peanut sauce and stir-fried veggies. This particular recipe was unique thanks to the turmeric noodles. I really liked the flavour of those but the peanut sauce needed a little more oomph. Don’t get me wrong, I still love this recipe, I just think I would add a little more soy sauce or maybe some rice vinegar to the sauce if I were to make it again.
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]