Chef’s Plate Review: Butter Chickpea Curry
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for almost a year now. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this week….
Butter Chickpea Curry
A rich tomato and cream curry forms the flavourful base for this plant-powered twist on Indian-takeout. Notes of garam masala, ginger and chili ignite the creamy pops of chickpeas with unmistakable flavour, with garlic-toasted naan to scoop up the steamy goodness.
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 500 ml Strained Tomatoes
- 1 Naan
- 4 g Fresh Chives
- 2 oz Cream (substitute coconut milk)
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 1 oz Butter
- New Delhi Spice Mix
- Prepare Ingredients: wash and dry all produce, small dice onion, dice pepper, chop garlic, slice chives
- Cook the Aromatics: in large pan heat 1/2 butter over medium heat until melted, add onion and pepper, cook for 5 minutes, season with salt, add spice mix and 1/2 of garlic, cook for 1-2 more minutes, until softened and aromatic
- Cook the Butter Chickpea Curry: drain and rinse chickpeas, add the tomatoes and chickpeas to pan, bring to boil over medium high heat, once boiling reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 7-8 minutes, stirring occasionally, remove from heat and stir in cream and remaining butter, season with salt and pepper
- Toast the Naan: in medium pan heat 1 tsp oil, add the naan and press down slightly, toast for 2-4 minutes per side, until golden and crisp, remove from pan, in the same pan add 2 tsp oil and remaining garlic, cook for 1-2 minutes, spread garlic oil on naan and slice into wedges
- Serve: serve the butter chickpea curry with the roasted garlic naan, sprinkle with chives and enjoy
Note: I substituted coconut cream for the regular cream and Earth Balance butter for the regular butter.
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.