Chef’s Plate Review: Cajun Cauliflower
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of last year. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Cajun seasoning – a smoldering mix of paprika, onion, thyme and cayenne – transforms roasted cauliflower and sweet potatoes in this salad that’s full of cravable Southern-style flavours. You’ll pile cherry tomatoes, radishes and corn nuts onto a bed of massaged kale, with a drizzle of creamy ‘Alabama Style’ dressing to pull everything together.
- 10 oz Cauliflower
- 1 Sweet Potato
- 5 oz Curly Kale
- 4 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Garlic Cloves
- 2 oz Radishes
- 1 oz BBQ Corn Nuts
- 1 ½ oz Mayonnaise
- ½ Apple Cider Vinegar
- Cajun Spice Mix
- Roast the Cauliflower & Sweet Potato: Preheat the oven to 450, wash and dry all produce, cut the cauliflower into small florets, medium dice the sweet potato, in a large bowl add the cauliflower, sweet potato, cajun spice mix and 1 tbs of oil, season with salt and pepper, toss to coat, arrange the vegetables on a baking sheet in an even layer, bake for 12-15 minutes until tender but crisp.
- Prepare the Ingredients: Thinly slice the radishes, mince the garlic, thinly slice the kale leaves, halve the cherry tomatoes.
- Mix the Creamy Cider Dressing: In a small bowl, add the mayonnaise, apple cider vinegar, garlic, and 1 tbs oil, whisk to combine.
- Massage the Kale: In the bowl used for the potatoes, add the curly kale and 1 tsp oil, season with salt and massage until tender and deep green, about 30 seconds.
- Serve: Add the cherry tomatoes, radishes, roasted cauliflower and sweet potato to the bowl with kale, plate then drizzle with cider dressing and sprinkle with BBQ corn nuts.
Note: Today’s recipe is the perfect example of what sets Chef’s Plate apart from all the other meal delivery services available in Canada. They always have healthy recipe options and they use power food ingredients, such as kale, on a regular basis. I also find their vegetables to be fresh, more so than the other delivery services. I feel good about the recipes I order from Chef’s Plate and that says a lot!
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]