Chef’s Plate Review: Chipotle Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of 2016. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Chipotle Cauliflower & Chickpea Tacos
A smoky chipotle pepper BBQ sauce emboldens these veggie-packed tacos, ensuring you don’t miss the meat! Cauliflower is pan roasted until tender crisp, layered with creamy chickpeas and avocado before tucking into a warm flour tortilla.
- 8 oz Cauliflower
- 390 ml Chickpeas
- 6 Flour Tortillas
- 1 Avocado
- 1 oz Chipotle Peppers in Adobo
- 1 Lime
- 1 1/2 oz Smoky BBQ Sauce
- 1 Shallot
- 2 oz Radishes
- Mexicali Spice Mix
- Garlic Powder · Ground Cumin
- Prepare Ingredients: wash and dry all produce, halve avocado, mash 1/2 avocado in medium bowl until creamy, thinly slice remaining avocado, halve and thinly slice 1/2 of shallot, small dice remaining shallot, cut the cauliflower into small florets, halve the lime, cut the radishes into thin matchsticks.
- Start the Cauliflower: in large pan heat 2 tsp oil over medium high until hot, add the cauliflower and sliced shallots, cook for 3-4 minutes tossing often until golden.
- Cook Cauliflower & Chickpeas: add the chipotle peppers in adobo, chickpeas, smoky BBQ sauce, 3/4 of the spice mix, and 1/3 cup water to pan, season with salt and bring to boil over high heat, once boiling reduce heat to medium, cook for 5-8 minutes breaking up the peppers with a spoon, until the cauliflower is tender and the liquid has reduced.
- Marinate the Radishes: in small bowl add the radishes and juice from 1/2 the lime, toss to coat.
- Mix the Guacamole: in the bowl with the mashed avocado add the diced shallot, juice from the remaining lime, and the remaining spice mix, season with salt and pepper and mix to combine.
- Warm the Tortillas: preheat a medium pan over medium heat, warm the flour tortillas, about 15 sec per side.
- Serve: plate the tortillas and fill with chipotle cauliflower and chickpeas and avocado slices, top with guacamole and sprinkle with marinated radishes, enjoy!
Notes: This is the kind of recipe that could easily become a staple in our house. It’s quick, easy and the flavor is perfect. The cauliflower/chickpea mixture is perfect for a plant-based diet. I could see myself eating this on its own, with a salad, on rice cakes, or as a side dish. This is also the kind of recipe that sets Chef’s Plate apart from the other meal delivery services on the market. They are at the top of the list when it comes to healthy recipes, veggie recipes and vegan-friendly recipes. Just thought that was worth mentioning…….
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]