Chef’s Plate Review: Moroccan Chickpea Stew
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of last year. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Moroccan Chickpea Stew
The warming spices of Marrakesh are abundant in this chickpea stew, the perfect fix for a chilly autumn evening. A rich tomato broth bolstered with creamy hummus and vibrant veggies fits the bill for a both satisfying and nourishing meal!
- 398 ml Chickpeas
- 390 g Crushed Tomatoes
- 4 oz Millet
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 2 oz Baby Spinach
- 1 Yellow Onion
- 1 oz Black Currants
- 57 g Hummus
- 1 pack Vegetables Stock Reduction
- Tangier Spice Mix
- Cook the Black Currant Millet: In a medium pot add the millet, black currants and 1 cup of warm water. Season with salt and bring to a boil over high heat. Once boiling, cover and reduce heat to low, cook for 16-18 minutes until tender but still firm to the bite, fluff the millet with a fork.
- Prepare the Ingredients: Wash and dry all produce, halve and small dice the yellow onion, small dice the yellow pepper.
- Start the Chickpea Stew: In a large pot, heat 2 tsp of oil over medium high until hot. Add the yellow onion and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Tangier Spice Mix and cook for 30 sec, stirring to toast. Add the chickpeas and the can liquid, yellow bell pepper, crushed tomatoes, vegetable stock reduction and 1 cup of water. Season with salt and pepper, stir to combine, bring to boil over high heat.
- Finish the Chickpea Stew: Once boiling, cover and reduce the heat to medium low. Simmer for 8-10 minutes, until reduced slightly. add the baby spinach and hummus. Stir to combine and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: Plate the black currant millet with the Moroccan chickpea stew over top. Enjoy!
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.