Chef’s Plate Review: Peanut Pad Thai
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for more than a year. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Peanut Pad Thai with Snow Peas, Carrots and Rice Noodles
Channel the flavours of Bangkok in your favourite South Asian stir-fry! Thick rice noodles intertwine with a medley of sautéed snow peas, yellow bell pepper and cilantro. A splash of sweet chili and lime sauce acts as the signature pad Thai sauce, with a dusting of roasted peanuts for crunch.
- 8 oz Rice Noodles
- 1 Egg
- 3 oz Snow Peas
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Carrot
- 1 ½ oz Peanut Butter
- 1 Lime
- 8 g Fresh Cilantro
- ½ oz Crushed Peanuts
- ½ oz Ginger
- 1 ½ oz Sweet Chili Sauce
- 1 pack Soy Sauce
- PREPARE THE INGREDIENTS: wash and dry all produce, slice pepper, chop cilantro, halve snow peas, halve lime, peel and grate carrots
- STIR-FRY THE VEGETABLES: in small bowl whisk egg, heat oil in medium pan, add pepper and cook for 5 minutes, add egg, carrot and peas, cook for 2 minutes until tender, season with salt and pepper
- COOK THE RICE NOODLES: bring large pot of water to boil, add rice noodles, cook 5-7 minutes, strain and rinse with warm water, return noodles to pot
- MIX THE PAD THAI SAUCE: in medium bowl whisk peanut butter, soy sauce, juice from line, sweet chili sauce, ginger and 2 tbs warm water
- TOSS THE PAD THAI & SERVE: to the pot add the Pad Thais Sauce and stir-fried vegetables, toss to combine, serve the Pad Thai with the crushed peanuts and cilantro sprinkled on top
Notes: This is one of my favourite recipes to make. It’s quick, easy, vegetarian, and has just the right amount of flavour. Pad Thai in general is a favourite so I really love that they included a veggie version as one of the recipe options this past week. I ended up adding a little Sriracha to the Pad Thai sauce just to give it a little kick, but other than that it was perfect.
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.