Chef’s Plate Review: Salmon Salsa Verde
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for almost a year now. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this week….
Salmon Salsa Verde
A piquant salsa verde peppered with fresh parsley and shallot balance the richness of seared salmon in this vibrant dish. Served with a medley of burst sun gold tomatoes, a warm bed of couscous soaks up the heavenly juices.
- 2 Salmon Fillets
- 4 oz Couscous
- 6 oz Sun Gold Tomatoes
- 12 g Fresh Curly Parsley
- 1/2 oz Sliced Almonds
- 1/2 oz Capers
- 1 Shallot
- 1/2 oz White Wine Vinegar
- Prepare: wash and dry all veggies, halve shallot, thinly slice one half and small dice the other half, halve golden tomatoes, finely chop parsley, finely chop capers
- Cook the Couscous: in small pot add 3/4 cup water, season with salt, cover with lid and bring to boil, once boiling add couscous, cover and remove from heat, set aside for 5 minutes, add 2 tsp oil and flush with fork
- Cook Salmon & Tomatoes: in large pan heat 2 tsp oil over medium high heat, add salmon and golden tomatoes, season with salt and pepper sear for 3 minutes on one side, flip salmon and add sliced shallots, reduce heat and cook 3-4 minutes, remove from pan
- Mix Salsa Verde: in small bowl add capers, diced shallots, parsley, white win vinegar and 2 tsp oil, season with salt and pepper, mix to combine
- Serve: plate couscous with salmon and tomatoes on top, sprinkle with sliced almonds and spoon salsa verde over top
Notes: This was quick and easy to make, it rivalled some of the salmon dishes we have ordered at restaurants. The salsa verde balances the salmon perfectly. Make sure you fluff the couscous as soon as it is done as it tends to get a little hard if it sits too long. We would definitely order this one again.
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]