Chef’s Plate Review: Teriyaki Miki Noodles
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been since August of last year. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Teriyaki Miki Noodles
Teriyaki is best known as a delicious fusion of savoury and sweet, coating the likes of fresh veggies, noodles and rice. We’re taking advantage of its beloved flavour in this loaded stir-fry with fresh miki noodles, seasonal Brussels sprouts and portobello mushrooms.
- 8 oz Fresh Miki Noodles
- 1 Portobello Mushroom
- 5 oz Broccoli
- 5 oz Brussels Sprouts
- 1 Red Bell Pepper
- 5 g Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 ½ oz Soy Sauce
- 8 g Brown Sugar
- ½ oz Mirin
- 3 g Cornstarch
- Prepare the Ingredients: quarter the brussels sprouts, cut the broccoli into small florets, thinly slice the portobello mushroom, thinly slice the pepper, mince the garlic.
- Stir-Fry the Vegetables: in large pan heat 1 tbsp oil over medium high until hot, add the broccoli and brussels sprouts, cook for 3 min, tossing occasionally, until slight softened, add the portobello mushrooms and red bell pepper, continue cooking for 4-6 minutes, tossing occasionally, until tender.
- Make the Teriyaki Sauce: in small pot add the soy sauce, garlic, mirin, brown sugar, and 1/4 cup of water, bring to a boil over high heat, in a small bowl mix the cornstarch with 1 tbsp of water, once boiling slowly add the cornstarch mixture to the pot, whisking constantly until thickened, about 1 minute.
- Cook the Miki Noodles: bring large pot of water to boil, add the miki noodles, cook for 5-7 minutes, until tender but still firm to the bite, strain and return the noodles to the pot.
- Finish the Teriyaki Stir-Fry: add the vegetables and teriyaki sauce to the noodles, toss to coat.
- Serve: serve the teriyaki noodles with the sesame seeds on top, enjoy!
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]