Chef’s Plate Review – Thai Quinoa Meatballs
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
I feel like I have been on a roll with my Chef’s Plate recipes as of late. I’ve gotten into a groove. When the BF is out of town I make a recipe for Lunch and have the leftovers for dinner. It works perfectly because sometimes I am in the office until 6 or 7pm and the last thing I want to do is make dinner. Leftovers are a lifesaver.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes I made this week. I’m pretty excited about this one because I ordered it a few weeks back, and since it was such a hit with their customers they decided to offer it again.
Recipe: Thai Quinoa Meatballs
- 1 can chickpeas
- 1 1/2 oz quinoa
- 1 heart romaine lettuce
- 1 carrot
- 1 lime
- 1 oz roasted peanuts
- 4 sprigs fresh cilantro
- 3 oz peanut butter
- 1 oz gluten-free soy sauce
- 1 oz hot chilli sauce
- 1 oz golden brown sugar
- preheat oven to 400
- in small pot add quinoa and 1/2 cup warm water, season with salt and bring to boil over high heat, once boiling, cover with lid, reduce heat to medium low and cook for 15 minutes
- drain and rinse chickpeas, arrange on parchment lined baking sheet, bake in oven for 8 minutes, set aside
- chop cilantro leaves, remove root of lettuce, separate bigger outer leaves, thinly shred inner leaves, quarter lime, finely chop roasted peanuts, peel and grate carrot
- in large bowl add the chickpeas and mash well, add the quinoa, and 1/2 each of – brown sugar, peanut butter, soy sauce, roasted peanuts, chili sauce and cilantro – mash together until mixture forms a rough dough, roll mixture into 18 – 3/4 inch balls and place on baking sheet, bake for 16 minutes, remove from oven
- in small bowl mix the remaining peanut butter, soy sauce, brown sugar, chili sauce, and juice from 1/2 of the lime, add 2 tbs water and whisk to combine
- plate the romaine lettuce leaves, top with 3 meatballs, carrots, shredded romaine lettuce, remaining cilantro, and roasted peanuts
- drizzle with peanut chili sauce and squeeze the remaining lime juice over top
A subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join.