Chef’s Plate Review: Whole Wheat Artichoke & Asiago Quesadillas
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for almost a year now. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this week….
Whole Wheat Artichoke & Asiago Quesadillas
Crisp on the outside and tucked with a gourmet filling, these artichoke and asiago quesadillas raise the bar for handheld fare. Creamy bites of asiago, basil pesto and artichoke hearts are folded between whole wheat tortillas, served aside a refreshing cherry tomato and cucumber salad.
- 2 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- 2.5 oz Asiago Cheese
- 2 oz Basil Pesto
- 5 oz Cherry Tomatoes
- 3 oz Baby Spinach
- 3 oz Artichoke Hearts
- 1 Mini Cucumber
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 oz Red Wine Vinegar
- Prepare Ingredients: halve & slice onions, halve cherry tomatoes, dice cucumber, chop spinach, chop artichoke, in medium bowl add half onion and red wine vinegar, set aside to marinate
- Cook Filling: add 1 tsp oil to medium pan, add remaining onion and cook for 3 minutes, add spinach and cook for 1-2 minutes, stir in basil and artichoke hearts, remove from pan and wipe pan clean
- Fill & Fry Quesadillas: place tortillas on work surface, fill one half of each with filling, sprinkle with asiago cheese, fold in half, press lightly to seal, add 1 tbs oil to pan, cook quesadillas 3-4 minutes per side, until golden brown, remove from pan, slice into wedges
- Prepare Salad: in bowl with marinated red onion add cherry tomatoes, mini cucumber, 1 tbs olive oil, salt and pepper, toss to coat
- Plate & Serve: plate quesadillas with salad on side
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]