Dispatch by Breakout Review February 2018
Dispatch is a monthly subscription-based mystery that tests your detective skills each month with a new delivery of clues. Imagine a new kind of escape, one you can experience in the comfort of your own home – introducing Dispatch by Breakout. It’s a step apart from everyday entertainment—better than a book, more engaging than television—think of it as an immersive mystery where you wear the detective hat. They kindly sent us this box for review.
Dispatch is a unique subscription experience. I appreciate the idea behind this box and the fact that they have created a niche market for themselves. I am all about creativity and this box is definitely creative.
The story begins with the first delivery, or dispatch, if you will. In it, you’ll find physical clues that lead you to the web and back to the real world to unravel a mysterious crime. Grab a friend, the whole family and your thinking cap, and get ready to put your heads together for one mindbending ride as additional details are revealed with every package.
Step One: JOIN DISPATCH
- Subscribe to Dispatch and we will put the first package in the mail immediately. After that you will receive a new box each month.
Step Two: OPEN PACKAGE
- Open the box to find physical clues that lead you to the web and back to the real world to unravel a mysterious crime.
Step Three: SOLVE THE MYSTERY
- Unravel the tangled web of clues found in each package, as additional details are revealed with every package.
Good to Know:
- After subscribing to Dispatch, you will receive your first package in the mail. These physical items serve as an introduction to the story and draw you into this online/offline mystery. After that, you will receive an additional box each month with more items that further explain the story.
- Each story lasts for less than a year before a new story begins. You can cancel at any time.
- The first box will guide you to a ‘help’ line if you get stuck at any point.
February Details – Dispatch Goes to Tanzania
The story moves to Tanzania as the pieces start to come together. Once again, this box has been sent from your missing friend James as he travels the globe searching for clues to prove his innocence. You’ll need to use everything inside as well as items from previous boxes to solve the mystery. And remember, the team at Bailey Detectives is here to help if you get stuck along the way.
Security Access Card
And the story continues…….here we have a list of access codes. These letters and numbers are definitely going to lead to a clue.
Note From Guest Book
Hmmm……who has stayed here and what do they have to do with the mystery?
Postcard from Tanzania
I’m curious about the crossed out address…….what does it mean?
Mancala Game Board & Stones
I’m definitely getting stuck on this clue…..I’m not sure what the game has to do with everything but I’m sure the letters and number come in to play.
They really get in to detail with all the clues, down to hand-written letters.
Hotel Door Hanger
Safari Coupon, Kilimanjaro Stickers, Takeout Menu, Business Card
Do you see the subtle little clue on the right-hand side of the ticket???
Dispatch by Breakout Review February 2018 – Final Thoughts
I think I have said this in every review but I am absolutely blown away by the attention to detail and the passion that goes in to every box. This would not be an easy subscription to curate. My head hurts just thinking about the time and organizational skills required to pull this off. This really is a unique box, one that could be enjoyed individually or by a group. Get together with some friends and purchase a subscription. It would be really inexpensive when purchased as a group and it’s a really great way to make sure you get together at least once a month. I’m a fan.