HelloFresh Canada Review: Creamy Butternut Squash and Sage Gratin
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our October HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the first of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code YEAR3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh.ca! – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Creamy Butternut Squash and Sage Gratin with Cremini Mushrooms and Honey-Dijon Green Salad
Oh how we could sing the praises of butternut and sage, they go together like a culinary love story! The sweet, warm flavours of this blissful dish will wrap you up like a warm hug and have you going back for more!
- 340 g Butternut Squash
- 227 g Cremini Mushrooms
- 10 g Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- 10 g Sage
- 56 g Onion
- ½ cup Panko
- 28 g Parmesan
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 1.5 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 113 g Spring Mix
- 113 g Peas
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- 3 tbsp Sour Cream
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (to roast the butternut squash and mushrooms). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
- ROAST VEGGIES: Wash and dry all produce. Cut the mushrooms in half (or into quarters if they are large). On a baking sheet, toss the squash and mushrooms with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Bake in the centre of the oven, stirring halfway through cooking, until golden-brown, 25-26 min.
- PREP: Meanwhile, mince or grate the garlic. Zest, then juice the lemon(s). Finely chop 1 tbsp sage leaves (double for 4 people). In a small bowl, combine the panko, Parmesan, half the sage and a drizzle of oil. Set aside.
- MAKE SALAD: In a medium bowl, whisk together 2 tbsp lemon juice (double for 4 people), honey, mustard and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss in the spring mix. Set aside.
- ASSEMBLE GRATIN: When the veggies are roasted, heat a medium oven-proof pan over medium heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the onions, garlic and remaining sage. Cook until the onions soften, 3-4 min. Stir in the roasted veggies, lemon zest, peas and broth concentrate(s). Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream. Season with salt and pepper.
- BROIL GRATIN: Turn on the oven broiler. Sprinkle the panko mixture over the veggies. Broil the gratin in the center of the oven, until golden-brown, 3-4 min. (TIP: If you don’t have an oven-proof pan, transfer the mixture to a baking dish before broiling.)
- FINISH AND SERVE: Divide the gratin and salad between plates.
Notes: Butternut squash is my favourite, especially this time of year, I also happen to LOVE sage. I found this recipe easy to make, thanks to the pre-cut veggies, and the flavour was wonderful. The sage really pulled everything together and added a little punch. I substituted vegan parm & sour cream but other than that I followed the recipe exactly. The serving size was perfect for lunch, with leftovers for dinner. A warm, comforting meal perfect for Fall.