HelloFresh Canada Review: Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our November HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the first of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code YEAR3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh.ca! – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Creamy Mushroom Fettuccine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 454 g Cremini Mushrooms
- 10 g Garlic
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- 227 g Fettuccine
- 28 g Sun-Dried Tomatoes
- 10 g Thyme
- ¼ cup Parmesan Cheese
- 113 g Baby Spinach
- 6 tbsp Sour Cream
- PREPARE: Wash and dry all produce.* Thinly slice the mushrooms. Mince or grate the garlic. Roughly chop the sun-dried tomatoes. Strip 1 tbsp thyme leaves from the sprigs. Bring a medium pot of salted water to a boil.
- COOK MUSHROOMS: Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the mushrooms. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mushrooms are golden-brown, 7-8 min. Reduce the heat to medium, then add the garlic and thyme. Cook until fragrant, 30 sec.
- COOK PASTA: Meanwhile add the pasta and sun-dried tomatoes to the boiling water. Cook until the noodles are tender, 2-3 min. Reserve 3/4 cup pasta water. Drain the pasta and sun-dried tomatoes.
- ASSEMBLE PASTA: Add the pasta, reserved pasta water, broth concentrate and spinach to the pan. Toss together until the spinach wilts and the pasta is warmed through, 2-3 min.
- FINISH PASTA: Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the sour cream and half the Parmesan. Season with salt and pepper.
- FINISH AND SEVER: Divide the mushroom fettucine between bowls and sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
Notes: I’m really happy with the way this recipe turned out. Fettuccine can be hit or miss but the flavour of this particular recipe was on point. The thyme and the sun-dried tomatoes complemented the mushrooms perfectly. I would love to make this one again but substitute some vegan-friendly ingredients.
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]