HelloFresh Canada Review: Crispy Garlic Thin-Crust Pizza
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our September HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you our second recipe from our monthly delivery. Our first recipe (Hearty Lentil Salad) was a total success. It was quick, easy, healthy and delicious. In the last recipe post we also told you how HelloFresh Canada works hard at reducing their footprint. Here’s a few more fun facts about this recipe delivery service…..
- pre-portioned meals reduce food waste by 47%
- direct sourcing reduces supply chain energy, water and labour waste by up to 14%
- accelerated supply chains keep your food fresher than your local store
I’ll give you some more fun facts about HelloFresh Canada in the next recipe post……stay tuned!
Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Crispy Garlic Thin-Crust Pizza
What’s better than pizza? Thin-crust pizza! This one is even more special because we’ve topped it with garlic oil to give it added flavour.
- 2 tbsp All-Purpose Flour
- 280 g Pizza Dough
- 227 g Yellow Zucchini
- 113 g Grape Tomatoes
- 4 unit Green Onion
- 10 g Garlic
- 56 g Spring Mix
- 1 unit Lemon
- 100 g Fresh Bocconcini
- 113 g Corn
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (to bake the flatbread) and remove the pizza dough from the fridge. Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature!
- ROLL DOUGH – Sprinkle some flour on your counter. Using a rolling pin, roll out the dough into a rough 9×10-inch rectangle. Place it on a parchment-lined baking sheet and prick all over with a fork. Bake in the centre of the oven until lightly golden, 15 min. (If you’re making pizza for 4 people, use 2 baking sheets to make 2 pizzas.)
- PREP – Meanwhile, wash and dry all produce. Laver et sécher tous les aliments. Cut the zucchini in half lengthwise, then into 1/4-inch slices. Quarter the tomatoes. Cut the green onions into 1-inch pieces. Mince or grate the garlic. Juice the lemon(s). Tear the bocconcini into smaller pieces.
- COOK VEGGIES – Heat a large non-stick pan over medium-high heat. Add the zucchini to the dry pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, until golden-brown, 8-10 min. (If your pan is small, you may need to do this in batches.) Season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a plate. Add the corn and green onions. Cook, stirring, until golden-brown, 1-2 min. Transfer to the same plate.
- FINISH CRUST – In a small bowl, stir the garlic with a drizzle of oil. When the crust is lightly golden-brown, brush the minced garlic oil over the crust and continue baking until the garlic is golden-brown, 4-5 min.
- MAKE DRESSING – Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together the honey, 2 tbsp lemon juice (double for 4 people), and a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside. Toss in the spring mix and tomatoes.
- FINISH AND SERVE – When the crust is finished baking, top with the bocconcini and veggies. Return to the oven and bake until the cheese melts, 5-6 min. Slice the pizza into smaller pieces and serve with the salad on the side.
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]