HelloFresh Canada Review: Golden Halloumi and Ratatouille
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
We recently reviewed our April HelloFresh Canada delivery and now we are showing you the first of three recipes from our monthly delivery. Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Coupon Code: Use Coupon Code AYOB3FP to receive 3 FREE plates on your first order at HelloFresh Canada – CLICK HERE
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Golden Halloumi and Ratatouille with Roasted Garlic Dressing and Ciabatta
With roasted veggies, seared halloumi and roasted garlic dressing, this vegetarian dinner is perfect for any spring night!
- 190 g Yellow Bell Pepper
- 227 g Zucchini
- 20 g Garlic
- 10 g Thyme
- 56 g Red Onion, cubes
- 113 g Grape Tomatoes
- 1 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 200 g Halloumi Cheese
- 1 unit Ciabatta Bun
- Preheat the oven to 450°F (to roast the veggies). Start prepping when the oven comes up to temperature! Wash and dry all produce.* Core and cut the bell pepper(s) into 1-inch cubes. Cut the zucchini into 1/2-inch rounds. Mince or grate 1 clove garlic (2 cloves for 4 ppl). Strip 2 tsp thyme leaves (double for 4 ppl) oﬀ the stems.
- On a baking sheet, toss the bell peppers, zucchini, tomatoes, onion, remaining whole garlic clove(s) and thyme with a drizzle of oil. Season with salt and pepper. Roast in the centre of the oven, stirring the veggies halfway through cooking, until the tomatoes burst, 9-10 min.
- Meanwhile, cut the halloumi into 1/4-inch thick slices. Rinse the slices, then pat dry with paper towel. Heat a large non-stick pan over medium heat. Add the halloumi to the dry pan and cook until golden-brown, 2-3 min per side.
- When veggies are done, transfer them to a plate and set aside. Turn on the oven broiler. In a small bowl, combine minced garlic with a drizzle of oil. Cut ciabatta(s) in half, then into triangles. Lay ciabattas, cut-side up, on the baking sheet. Brush over garlic oil. Toast in the oven until golden, 2-3 min. (TIP: Keep an eye on them so they do not burn!)
- Meanwhile, transfer the roasted garlic cloves from the veggies to a medium bowl. Mash the garlic cloves with a spoon, then stir in 1 tbsp honey (double for 4 ppl), 1 tbsp vinegar (double for 4 ppl) and 1 tbsp oil (double for 4 ppl). Season with salt and pepper. Add the roasted veggies and toss to coat.
- Divide the roasted veggies between plates and top with the halloumi. Serve the garlic ciabatta on the side.
Thoughts: My first recipe from our April delivery was quick and easy. The onions came pre-cut, which is awesome, and everything else was easy to prepare. The serving size might have been a little small for the fiance, but for me it was perfect. I had one serving for dinner and the other for lunch the next day. I wouldn’t say that this was my favourite recipe from HelloFresh Canada, but it was quick, healthy and made with lots of veggies so I certainly can’t complain.