HelloFresh Canada Review: Hearty Lentil Salad
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
Yesterday I posted my HelloFresh Canada review for the month of September and today we are having a look at one of the three recipes I received this week. HelloFresh is really starting to win me over. I feel like we got off to a rocky start but they are definitely making up for it. My last two deliveries have been spot on. The recipes have been great, the veggies have been fresh, and I am learning something new about the subscription every time I receive a box. For example, did you know that HelloFresh Canada works hard at reducing their footprint?
Good to Know:
- Paper-Based Packaging – Our boxes are 100% recyclable and are themselves made from post-consumer recycled fibers. Add these items to your blue box with other household recyclables (after some fort-building fun of course!).
- Insulation – Our insulated silver box liners are made from FSC-certified sustainable cardboard. They can also go in with your household recycling… or make for great craft supplies!
- Icepacks – Our ice packs are filled with a non-toxic salt solution. You can re-use them for a picnic or in a lunch box. Once you’re finished, let the ice packs melt, cut open the bags, pour the non-toxic solution down the drain (use warm water to dissolve any stubborn gel), and recycle the plastic casing. You can also return the packs through our recycling program. Email email@example.com for more info.
I’ll give you some more fun facts about HelloFresh Canada in the next recipe post……stay tuned!
Oh, and if you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Hearty Lentil Salad with Roasted Sweet Potatoes and Brussels Sprouts
Introducing your new go-to for a quick and healthy weeknight dinner. We’re mixing together hearty green lentils with Brussels sprouts and honey-roasted sweet potatoes for the perfect combination of flavour and texture. A sprinkling of feta and pepitas finishes off.
- 13 g Lentils
- 340 g Sweet Potato
- 1 tsp Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Honey
- 227 g Brussels Sprouts
- 113 g Onion
- 1 unit Vegetable Broth Concentrate
- 2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 28 g Pepitas
- 56 g Feta Cheese
- COOK LENTILS: rinse lentils under tap water, in medium pot combine lentils with enough water to cover them by 2-inches, boil over high heat until lentils are tender, 14-15 minutes, drain when lentils are cooked
- ROAST POTATOES: preheat oven to 425, toss sweet potatoes with italian seasoning, 1/2 honey, and drizzle of oil, season with salt and pepper, roast in over, stirring halfway through cooking, until golden brown, 22-23 minutes
- COOK VEGGIES: trim and cut brussels sprouts into quarters, heat large pan over medium heat, add a drizzle of oil, then the onions and brussels sprouts, cook stirring occasionally, until the veggies are golden-brown and tender, 4-5 minutes, stir in broth concentrate
- ASSEMBLE SALAD: in large bowl whisk together the vinegar, remaining honey and a drizzle of oil, add the lentils, brussels sprouts mixture and sweet potatoes, season with salt and pepper, toss to combine
- FINISH & SERVE: divide the lentil salad between bowls, sprinkle with the feta and pepitas
Thoughts: This is easily one of the best salads I have made. It includes all my favourite ingredients – lentils, sweet potatoes and brussels sprouts. It’s healthy and was easy to make. Substitute vegan feta for the regular feta to omit all dairy products. I would definitely make this again.
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]