HelloFresh Canada Review: Paneer & Eggplant Curry
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!). A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Eeek!! I got to make my very first HelloFresh Canada recipe the other day and couldn’t wait to share it with you. I have already raved about this subscription, but that was just based on the excitement of them expanding their shipping locations. I was excited about this subscription without even testing out any of the recipes…..imagine that!
So I got my butt in the kitchen and made one of the recipes from my first delivery. I received the Veggie Box for this first time last week, here are the details:
- Veggie Plan ($12.33 per meal)
- Our Veggie Plan involves an abundance of seasonal produce, hearty grains, and vegetarian friendly proteins.
- 3 Recipes per week for 2 people
Recipe: Paneer & Eggplant Curry
- 1 pkg Paneer Cheese
- 170 g Basmati Rice
- 2 Baby Eggplant
- 10 g Garlic
- 30 g Ginger
- 10 g Cilantro
- 1 tbsp Paneer Masala
- 1 Cinnamon Stick
- 1 Can Coconut Milk
- 1 tbs Olive Oil
- prep, wash and dry all produce
- cook the rice – bring 1 1/3 cups water to boil, salt, add rice and cinnamon stick, reduce heat, cover with lid, cook for 10-12 minutes (I just used my rice cooker)
- cook paneer – cut into 1/2 inch cubes, heat oil in pan, cook 1 minute per side or until golden brown, transfer to paper-towel lined plate
- cook eggplant – add oil to pan, cook eggplant for 7-8 minutes, until golden brown
- make curry – to the pan with eggplant, add paneer masala, garlic, ginger, cook for 1 minute, add coconut milk and 1/2 cup water, bring to boil, reduce heat add the paneer and simmer until sauce thickens, season with salt
- add half cilantro to curry, remove cinnamon stick from rice
- service curry over rice and top with remaining cilantro
Thoughts: I’ve made a few curry dishes in my day and I’m not joking when I say that this is easily one of my favourites. I find curry a hard dish to make. It can often taste bland, and it’s hard to figure out what’s missing. This particular curry was seasoned perfectly. I made this one for the BF but would substitute the paneer for tofu if I made it for myself. Loved my first recipe from HelloFresh Canada!!
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]