HelloFresh Canada Review: Pesto Rosso Rigatoni
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!).
I’m spending the week getting to know HelloFresh Canada and I have to say, I am really loving this subscription. Today we are having a look at my third and final recipe from this week’s delivery. I saved it for last because it’s a bit of splurge meal for me as I don’t usually eat past. I LOVE it, but rarely indulge in it.
If you aren’t familiar with HelloFresh Canada you can get all the details in THIS POST.
Let’s have a look at today’s recipe:
Pesto Rosso Rigatoni with Broccoli, Yellow Bell Pepper and Fresh Mozzarella
Tonight’s dinner really epitomizes everything we love about Italian food. Simple, high quality ingredients, quickly cooked with maximum results. Broccoli has a mild, distinctive flavour. With a small handful containing all the vitamin C you need for a whole day, you’ve got a plate full of traditional healthiness in the time it takes to boil your pasta!
- 227 g Yellow Bell Pepper
- 227 g Broccoli Florets
- 56 g Red Onion
- 0.5 tsp Chili Flakes
- 0.3 cup Sun-Dried Tomato Pesto
- 100 g Fresh Bocconcini
- Olive or Canola Oil*
- 227 g Fresh Rigatoni
- Wash and dry all produce. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Core, then cut the bell pepper(s) into 1/2-inch cubes.
- COOK VEGGIES – Heat a large pan over medium-high heat. Add a drizzle of oil, then the onions, bell peppers and as much chili flakes as you like. Cook, stirring often, until the peppers are tender-crisp, 4-5 min.
- COOK PASTA – Meanwhile, add the pasta to the boiling water. Cook for 2 min. Add the broccoli. Cook until broccoli is tender-crisp and pasta is tender, 2-4 min. Reserve 1/4 cup pasta water (double for 4 people). Drain the pasta and broccoli and return to the pot.
- ASSEMBLE PASTA – Add the pepper mixture, pesto and reserved pasta water to the pot. Season with salt and pepper. Toss together, until warmed through, 1-2 min.
- FINISH AND SERVE – Divide the pasta between bowls and tear over small pieces of bocconcini.
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]