MissFresh Review: Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone. It is a meal subscription service that takes charge of bringing you directly to your doorstep all the fresh and pre portioned ingredients you need to prepare your healthy meals from around the world in under 30 minutes.
We recently started receiving MissFresh deliveries again and wanted to show you the last of 3 recipes we received this past week. But first, let’s review the MissFresh subscription details…….
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from up to 13 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions.
Meal Box: Meal Kits start at $7.49 per portion and you can choose from the following options…
- Vegetarian Box: Our weekly selection of vegetarian recipes packed with seasonal vegetables, hearty grains and animal-free proteins. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat-lover, you will enjoy refined dining with these unique and delicious meatless recipes. Starting at $8.49/portion.
- Chef Box: Our weekly selection of recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. You’ll love the flavorful variety of these family friendly recipes. Starting at $7.49/portion.
- Custom Box: Your selection amongst all our available gourmet recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. Choose your favorites based on your dietary preference. Starting at $7.99/portion.
- Kilo Solution Box: Isabelle Huot, Ph.D in nutrition, presents her selection of healthy, delicious and tasty recipes. In less than 30 minutes, savour a balanced and satisfying meal developed following rigorous nutritional criteria. Perfect to enjoy by yourself, with your partner or amongst friends. The pleasure of dining well without the guilt! Starting at $8.99/portion.
Choose to receive 2-5 meals per week depending on your meal plan, portion sizes of 2, 4 or 6 are available.
With the Custom Box you get to choose your own meals and with the other boxes meals are chosen for you.
Note: They also offer a snack box and a beverage box.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Mediterranean Chickpeas with Tahini Dressing
A delicious mixture of chickpeas, crunchy vegetables, savoury olives and feta cheese, and sweet dried cranberries tossed in a creamy tahini vinaigrette.
- 4 Artichoke Heart(s)
- 1/4 cup(s) Cashews
- 150 g Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 cup(s) Chickpeas
- 2 slice(s) Country Style Bread
- 1/4 cup(s) Dried Cranberries
- 1 tsp Dried Oregano
- 60 g Feta
- 1 Garlic Clove(s)
- 1 Green Onion(s)
- 1/3 cup(s) Kalamata Olives
- 1/2 Lemon(s)
- 1 Mini Cucumber(s)
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil (not included)
- 1 sprig(s) Parsley
- 1/2 tbsp Tahini
- 1/2 tbsp White Wine Vinegar
- Prepare ingredients: Rinse and drain chickpeas, cut cucumbers into rounds, halve tomatoes and artichokes, slice green onion into rounds, crumble feta cheese, mince garlic, chop parsley.
- Preheat oven to broil. In a large bowl, toss together chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, artichoke hearts, olives, feta cheese, cashew nuts and cranberries.
- Prepare the garlic toasts: Remove crust from bread slices. Brush some oil and 2/3 minced garlic onto bread slices. Season with salt and pepper. Broil the bread in oven until golden, about 5 minutes on high. Watch carefully to prevent burning!
- Make the dressing: Mix together tahini, vinegar, lemon juice, oregano, olive oil and remaining garlic. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Toss salad ingredients in dressing to coat well. Garnish with parsley and serve with garlic toast.
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone.