MissFresh Review September 2017
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone. It is a meal subscription service that takes charge of bringing you directly to your doorstep all the fresh and pre portioned ingredients you need to prepare your healthy meals from around the world in under 30 minutes.
Wow, it has been a long time since my last MissFresh review, almost a year to be exact. I actually kind of forgot about this subscription but they popped back up on my radar this month because I received a couple emails from them informing me of some changes they have made. The first change is lower pricing and the second change is the addition of a beverage box. They now have a meal box, snack box and beverage box. Let’s go over all the details……
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from up to 13 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions.
Meal Box: Meal Kits start at $7.49 per portion and you can choose from the following options…
- Vegetarian Box: Our weekly selection of vegetarian recipes packed with seasonal vegetables, hearty grains and animal-free proteins. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat-lover, you will enjoy refined dining with these unique and delicious meatless recipes. Starting at $8.49/portion.
- Chef Box: Our weekly selection of recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. You’ll love the flavorful variety of these family friendly recipes. Starting at $7.49/portion.
- Custom Box: Your selection amongst all our available gourmet recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. Choose your favorites based on your dietary preference. Starting at $7.99/portion.
- Kilo Solution Box: Isabelle Huot, Ph.D in nutrition, presents her selection of healthy, delicious and tasty recipes. In less than 30 minutes, savour a balanced and satisfying meal developed following rigorous nutritional criteria. Perfect to enjoy by yourself, with your partner or amongst friends. The pleasure of dining well without the guilt! Starting at $8.99/portion.
Choose to receive 2-5 meals per week depending on your meal plan, portion sizes of 2, 4 or 6 are available.
With the Custom Box you get to choose your own meals and with the other boxes meals or chosen for you.
Snack Box: Ready to eat Snacks starting at $14.49 per box…….
- Individual-size snack box: Your selection amongst all our individual sized snacks. Perfect for school or the office, you’ll appreciate not having to stock up and eat the same thing over and over when you have that afternoon craving. A wide variety of nuts & trail mixes, energy bars, baked veggie crips and other crunchy snacks to choose from. Opt for non-GMO, organic, natural, gluten-free, high protein, vegan or school approved as you wish. Starting at $14.49 per week.
- Family-size snack box: Your selection amongst all our full size products from trustworthy brands. A wide variety of nuts & trail mixes, energy bars, baked veggie crisps and other crunchy snacks to choose from. Opt for non-GMO, organic, natural, gluten-free, high protein or vegan as you wish. Starting at $17.49 per week.
- Office Snack box: Get the same selection of snacks you love delivered at your office for you and your coworkers to share. Plus, buying in bulk will allow you to save! You’ll appreciate not having to stock up and eat the same thing over and over when you have that afternoon craving. A wide variety of nuts & trail mixes, energy bars, baked veggie crisps and other crunchy snacks to choose from. Opt for non-GMO, organic, natural, gluten-free, high protein, vegan or school approved as you wish. Starting at $95 per week.
Beverage Box: Coffee and tea from around the world…..
- Family-size beverage box: Looking for a 6 am energy boost to brave the day? Maybe a relaxing midnight tea infused with real tea leaves and with no added sugar? Or would you rather dive into an ocean of endless aromas from around the world, filled with enchanging herbs from Peru or invigorating flavours from Ethiopia? No matter the question, our beverage box is always the right answer. Let’s dive in! Starting at $17.99 per week.
Phew……that was a lot to go over. Now let’s have a quick look at the recipes I received this week in my Custom Box….
Warm Chargrilled Zucchini & Salmon Salad
This bright salad dish tantalizes with smoky flavour and garlicky lemon and herbs.
This recipe can be made in 15 minutes or less and only has 390 calories per serving.
Mediterranean Chickpeas with Tahini Dressing
A delicious mixture of chickpeas, crunchy vegetables, savoury olives and feta cheese, and sweet dried cranberries tossed in a creamy tahini vinaigrette.
This recipe can be made in 15 minutes and has 788 calories per serving.
Tofu Spring Roll
These fresh and crunchy spring rolls are as delicious as they are fun to eat!
This recipe can be made in 15 minutes or less and has 552 calories per serving.
MissFresh Review September 2017 – Final Thoughts
I’m really excited to start reviewing MissFresh for you guys again. I hope to do a review once a month and also show you the snack box and beverage box. The fact that MissFresh has 3 different subscription options to choose from (meal, snack, beverage) really sets them apart from the other meal delivery boxes. In regards to the recipes I received this week, not all of them are vegan but I’m very excited to give all of them a try. I love that MissFresh has reduced their prices and that they offer portioned controlled recipe options. Stay tuned as I will be posting the individual recipes throughout the week…..
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone.