MissFresh Review: Tofu Spring Roll
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone. It is a meal subscription service that takes charge of bringing you directly to your doorstep all the fresh and pre portioned ingredients you need to prepare your healthy meals from around the world in under 30 minutes.
We recently started receiving MissFresh deliveries again and wanted to show you the second of 3 recipes we received this past week. But first, let’s review the MissFresh subscription details…….
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from up to 13 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions.
Meal Box: Meal Kits start at $7.49 per portion and you can choose from the following options…
- Vegetarian Box: Our weekly selection of vegetarian recipes packed with seasonal vegetables, hearty grains and animal-free proteins. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat-lover, you will enjoy refined dining with these unique and delicious meatless recipes. Starting at $8.49/portion.
- Chef Box: Our weekly selection of recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. You’ll love the flavorful variety of these family friendly recipes. Starting at $7.49/portion.
- Custom Box: Your selection amongst all our available gourmet recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. Choose your favorites based on your dietary preference. Starting at $7.99/portion.
- Kilo Solution Box: Isabelle Huot, Ph.D in nutrition, presents her selection of healthy, delicious and tasty recipes. In less than 30 minutes, savour a balanced and satisfying meal developed following rigorous nutritional criteria. Perfect to enjoy by yourself, with your partner or amongst friends. The pleasure of dining well without the guilt! Starting at $8.99/portion.
Choose to receive 2-5 meals per week depending on your meal plan, portion sizes of 2, 4 or 6 are available.
With the Custom Box you get to choose your own meals and with the other boxes meals are chosen for you.
Note: They also offer a snack box and a beverage box.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Tofu Spring Roll with Peanut Butter Sauce
These fresh and crunchy spring rolls are as delicious as they are fun to eat!
- ½ Avocado(s)
- 1 tsp Black Sesame Seeds
- 1 Carrot(s)
- ½ Lime(s)
- 1 Mini Cucumber(s)
- 5 g Mint
- 3 tbsp Peanut Butter
- 47 g Red Cabbage
- 6 Rice Paper Roll(s)
- 50 g Rice Vermicelli
- 200 g Smoked Tofu
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Water (not included)
- Bring a pot of water to a boil, add noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water. Reserve.
- Prepare the ingredients: Cut the carrot into fine strips (julienne), Slice the avocado, Cut the tofu into slices, Cut the cucumber into slices, Place shredded cabbage in a bowl.
- Prepare the sauce: in a bowl mix the soy sauce, lime juice, water and peanut butter. Heat if necessary to achieve a lighter texture. Tip: add hot sauce if desired.
- Dip one rice paper at a time into a large hollow plate or pan filled with warm water. Allow to soften 20-30 seconds. Drain and place onto a work surface.
- Garnish the rice paper leaves with all of the prepared ingredients and mint. Sprinkle with sesame seeds. Roll and serve with the peanut butter sauce.
Notes: I totally forgot to add the red cabbage to the rolls and I am so mad at myself. Just think how pretty they would have been with all those colors – green, yellow (I added yellow pepper), orange and purple. Spring rolls are a personal favourite. I am slightly addicted to peanut sauce so this recipe was perfect for me. I don’t think it would have been enough for two people to have as dinner, I think it is better suited to a small lunch or a snack. As of right now that would be my only complaint about MissFresh, their portions are a little on the small side, but at the same time, this was one of their “portion controlled” meals so it was probably meant to be on the small side.
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone.