MissFresh Review – Vegetarian Loaf
MissFresh is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from 10 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription. Here is why I love recipe delivery services (in their words):
- The everyday puzzle of “What do I cook today?” is resolved.
- I don’t need to run out to find missing ingredients everything I need is provided.
- All recipes are ready within maximum of 30 minutes.
- Meals are healthy and diverse.
- I can reduce waste by only receiving what I will need for my recipes.
Today I am making Vegetarian Loaf. One of the reasons I like MissFresh, and one of the reasons I think they stand apart from other meal delivery services, is the fact that they offer such healthy recipe options. This one, for example, is completely vegan, and has no added fat, or other heavy ingredients. It is light, healthy, and full of protein. It’s not overflowing with a bunch of different flavours, so in order to truly appreciate MissFresh, you will also need to appreciate simple meals. Meals where you can taste the flavour of the fresh ingredients. I could taste the arugula, the carrots in the loaf, the basil and the oregano. This is kind of a new concept to me. Minimal ingredients, and little to no sauce/condiments. I’m actually really loving it.
Recipe: Vegetarian Loaf
- 2 cups arugula
- 1/2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup veg. broth
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 3/4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 shallot
- 1 sprig oregano
- 1 sprig basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tbs olive oil
- 1/2 cup panko
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 cup textured soy proteins
- preheat oven to 375, in large bowl combine veg broth, ketchup, soy sauce, textured soy protein, mix well and let stand for 10 minutes
- chop celery, carrots, shallot
- heat 1 tbs oil in pan, cook vegetables for 2-3 minutes to soften
- add vegetables, panko, garlic powder, oregano, and basil to soy protein, mix well.
- place mixture in rectangular pan, bake for 30 minutes
- make salad, mix arugula, tomatoes, oil, vinegar, salt & pepper in bowl
- cut vegetarian loaf into slices, serve with salad
Thoughts: This recipe was extremely easy to make, and as I mentioned above it is vegan, and contains no unnecessary ingredients. Some people might find it slightly bland, but I actually really loved it because I was able to taste the fresh ingredients. The salad portion was a little small for two people, so I would have liked to see a bit more arugula, but otherwise I am extremely happy. I would definitely make this again. It filled me up, but didn’t give me that “full” feeling, which I actually kind of hate. Light, fresh, and satisfying is the best way to describe it.
I order 3 meals from MissFresh every week and have been extremely happy with all my deliveries. I have liked all of the meals, I don’t have to grocery shop nearly as much as I use to, I have reduced my food waste, and I have saved money. When the BF isn’t home I have leftovers for lunch the next day. It works perfectly for my lifestyle.