MissFresh Review: Warm Chargrilled Zucchini & Salmon Salad
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone. It is a meal subscription service that takes charge of bringing you directly to your doorstep all the fresh and pre portioned ingredients you need to prepare your healthy meals from around the world in under 30 minutes.
We recently started receiving MissFresh deliveries again and wanted to show you the first of 3 recipes we received this week. Today we are looking at a super healthy salmon salad recipe. But first, let’s review the MissFresh subscription details.
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from up to 13 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions.
Meal Box: Meal Kits start at $7.49 per portion and you can choose from the following options…
- Vegetarian Box: Our weekly selection of vegetarian recipes packed with seasonal vegetables, hearty grains and animal-free proteins. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat-lover, you will enjoy refined dining with these unique and delicious meatless recipes. Starting at $8.49/portion.
- Chef Box: Our weekly selection of recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. You’ll love the flavorful variety of these family friendly recipes. Starting at $7.49/portion.
- Custom Box: Your selection amongst all our available gourmet recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. Choose your favorites based on your dietary preference. Starting at $7.99/portion.
- Kilo Solution Box: Isabelle Huot, Ph.D in nutrition, presents her selection of healthy, delicious and tasty recipes. In less than 30 minutes, savour a balanced and satisfying meal developed following rigorous nutritional criteria. Perfect to enjoy by yourself, with your partner or amongst friends. The pleasure of dining well without the guilt! Starting at $8.99/portion.
Choose to receive 2-5 meals per week depending on your meal plan, portion sizes of 2, 4 or 6 are available.
With the Custom Box you get to choose your own meals and with the other boxes meals are chosen for you.
Note: They also offer a snack box and a beverage box.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this week….
Warm Chargrilled Zucchini & Salmon Salad
This bright salad dish tantalizes with smoky flavour and garlicky lemon and herbs.
- 120 g Baby Spinach
- 2 tbsp Fried Onions
- 1 Garlic Clove
- 1 Lemon
- 1/2 tsp Old Fashioned Mustard
- 1 1/2 tbsp Olive Oil (not included)
- 240 g Salmon Fillet
- 1 sprig Tarragon
- 2 Zucchini
- Prepare the ingredients: Mince garlic, Chop tarragon, Cut zucchini in big chunks.
- Make the dressing: Mix ½ olive oil, ½ lemon juice, mustard and chopped tarragon in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste and set aside.
- Make the marinade: mix the remaining ½ olive oil, lemon juice, and garlic in another bowl with salt and pepper to taste. Toss the zucchini in this marinade until they’re thoroughly coated.
- Heat a grill pan to medium high until very hot but not smoking, or use a good non-stick frying pan or BBQ. Sear the zucchini in batches for 2-3 minutes on each side until just softened, with dark stripes. Remove and set aside. Reserve marinade liquid.
- Put the salmon into the remaining marinade in the bowl and toss to coat, then grill for 1-2 minutes on each side until just cooked through (internal temperature of 158 F). Let it rest for 5 minutes and set aside.
- To serve, divide the spinach between two plates and lay the zucchini and salmon on top. Re-whisk the dressing and drizzle it over everything. Top it with the fried onions.
Final Thoughts: One thing I love about MissFresh is the fact that they offer portion controlled recipes. This meal was quick, easy, healthy and the perfect size. It didn’t quite fill up the BF but for me it was perfect. I could eat salads like this every day. One thing I should point out though is that I used my own salad mix because the spinach they sent me wasn’t looking too great and I am really picky when it comes to my greens. They need to be as fresh as possible. Other than that I loved this meal. It took just over 15 minutes to make and it only had 390 calories per serving. I would definitely make this again.
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone.