Chef’s Plate Review: Guacamole & Buckwheat Vitality Bowl
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for almost a year now. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this week….
Guacamole & Buckwheat Vitality Bowl
Basil-studded buckwheat makes a wonderfully hearty base for this fresh bowl featuring marinated broccoli, avocado and feta. Crisp florets mingle in a creamy Dijon and shallot marinade while avocado works its magic in two ways – mashed into a decadent guacamole and thinly sliced for a tasty topper.
- 4 oz Buckwheat
- 1 1/2 oz Feta Cheese
- 1 Avocado
- 7 oz Broccoli
- 1 oz Roasted Sunflower Seeds
- 8 g Fresh Basil
- 2 packs Dijonnaise
- 1 Shallot
- 1 Lemon
- Prepare the Ingredients: cut broccoli into small florets, halve shallot, thinly slice one half, dice the other half, quarter and deseed lemon, finely cop basil, halve and pit avocado, mash half with fork, thinly slice other half
- Cook the Basil Buckwheat: in medium pot heat 1 tsp oil over medium heat, add sliced shallot, cook for 3 minutes until softened, remove from pan, add buckwheat and 1 1/4 cup water, season with salt, bring to boil over high heat, once boiling cover with lid, reduce heat to medium low, cook for 10 minutes, strain and rinse with cold water, return to pot, fold in cooked shallot and basil
- Marinate the Broccoli: in large bowl whisk dijonnaise, juice from half lemon, and 1 tbsp oil, season with salt and mix to combine, add the broccoli and diced shallot and toss to coat
- Mix the Guacamole: in the bowl with mashed avocado, add juice from 1/4 of the lemon and 2 tbsp of water, season with salt and mix to combine
- Plate & Serve: plate the buckwheat with the marinated broccoli, roasted sunflower seeds and sliced avocado, crumble the feta, dollop with guacamole, and squeeze with remaining lemon
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]