Chef’s Plate Review: Tandoori Chickpea Naan Wraps
Chef’s Plate is a subscription service that delivers chef-designed recipes and fresh ingredients each week. There is no subscription or membership fee to join. Their recipes begin at $10.95 per plate for the 2-Person Plan and $9.75 per plate for the Family Plan. A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Coupon Code: Use my link to get 3 plates FREE with your first order – CLICK HERE
We order 3 new Chef’s Plate recipes each week, and have been for more than a year. Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Tandoori Chickpea Naan Wraps with Kachumber Salad
This naan wrap is a playful remix of Indian-spiced chickpeas and chutney, with toasted whole wheat naan as a fitting vessel. Chickpeas are coated in vibrant masala spices and turmeric for traditional tandoori flavour with creamy yogurt to bring it all together.
- 1 can Chickpeas
- 2 Whole Wheat Naan
- 1 Red Onion
- 1 Mini Cucumber
- 175g Yogurt
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Roma Tomato
- 8g Fresh Cilantro
- 2 Garlic
- 1g Ajwain Seeds
- Tandoori Spice Mix
- Prepare Ingredients: halve and deseed the lemon, cut cucumber into half moons, cut tomato into wedges, mince garlic, halve onion and small dice one half and thinly slice other half, finely chop cilantro, in medium bowl add the sliced onion and juice from half the lemon.
- Cook the Tandoori Chickpeas: drain and rinse the chickpeas, in large pan heat 2 tsp oil, add the diced onion and cook for 2-3 minutes, add the chickpeas and tandoori spice mix, cook for 4-5 min until browned.
- Mash Chickpeas: off heat, mash 1/3 of the chickpeas into a rustic texture, add the yogurt and mix well, season with salt.
- Mix the Cilantro Chutney: in medium pan add 2 tsp oil, add the ajwain seeds and toast for 1-2 minutes, stirring frequently, transfer to small bowl add the cilantro, garlic, remaining lemon juice, mix to combine.
- Warm the Naan: in the pan used for the chutney, add the naan one at a time and heat for 30 seconds per side.
- Mix the Kachumber Salad: in the bowl with the sliced onion, add the tomato, cucumber, season with salt and toss to combine.
- Plate & Serve: plate the naan, fill with chickpeas, drizzle with chutney and serve salad on side.
Notes: I think this is one of my favourite recipes from Chef’s Plate. I absolutely loved everything about it. I have a weakness for naan, and I also happen to LOVE cilantro chutney. The entire dish went together perfectly. The chutney enhanced the flavour of the chickpeas and the warm naan was perfect for a chilly Fall day. I used vegan yogurt and a little coconut milk in place of the regular yogurt and it turned out beautifully. I also topped my wrap with the salad and ate everything mixed together……SO GOOD!!!
Chefs Plate is putting Canadians back in the kitchen. By delivering easy-to-follow recipes and fresh pre-portioned ingredients right to your door, we take the guesswork out of cooking and have […]