Dot Boxx Review July 2017
Dot Boxx is a monthly pad and tampon service. Customized boxes for tweens, teens, and adults that include chocolates and hand picked surprises such as trendy accessories, books, bath, skincare, and beauty products. They kindly sent us this box for review.
Did you see our first Dot Boxx review back in May? If not, you NEED to check it out. I was blown away by the number of items included in this box. Not to mention the fun theme, yummy treats, and the reasonable price. I am absolutely, 100%, in love with this Time of the Month Subscription box!
When you sign up for a Dot Boxx subscription you have a few options to choose from:
- Period Essentials Box ($18.99) – Just the Essentials is our basic period box. Enjoy the convenience of having your period essentials, full-size chocolate, a healthy snack, and tea delivered to your door monthly. You’ll find an occasional surprise in your box – just our way of saying thanks for being a loyal subscriber!
- Teen Box ($32.99) – Add a little joy to her period – reward her for an accomplishment – or do it just because! Period essentials, snacks and hand-picked products delivered monthly. We guarantee she’ll love it, and love you even more!
- Mini Dot Boxx ($29.99) – You have to purchase period essentials anyway, so why not add monthly goodies and chocolates to the mix? This budget-friendly box is perfect for those who want to treat themselves to a little something, but not break the bank. Come on, you work hard and there’s more to life than just paying bills- so reward yourself – you deserve it girl!
- Dot Boxx ($39.99) – Add joy to your period with a “monthly gift” of happiness. Treat yourself…not only do you deserve it, you’re worth it honey! The value of the box will always exceed the cost of the box― guaranteed!
- College Care Package ($49.99) – Ensure you’re taken care of all semester, no money transfers or transportation required. Our college care package comes filled with monthly period essentials, hand-picked products, and loaded with snacks to fuel those late night study sessions.
Have a box delivered right to your dorm or apartment door!
Shipping: All boxes ship for $5 (US only) except the College Care Package which ships for $10. Shipping to Canada varies from $15-25.
July Theme – About Face!
Relationships come and go, but your skin is forever. Baby your skin in the Summer heat with this month’s surprises!
Here’s a look at the items we received in the July Dot Boxx……..so excited!
The Bodacious Bee Activated Charcoal Soap ($7)
Activated charcoal soap is known to be highly beneficial in the treatment of acne. It also aids in clearing the most stubborn acne scars, leaving an even skin tone over time. This rock star is also beneficial for reducing pore sizes, rapidly tightening and firming skin, preventing premature signs of aging, and treating and eliminating signs of psoriasis and eczema.
I am thrilled to see this in the box. I love natural soap and I am also really loving the whole activated charcoal trend right now.
ApothOtopiA Organic Rose Clay Mask & Rosewater Mini Set ($10)
This french rose clay, blended with arrowroot powder, rose, geranium oil, and rose petals can be used on normal to dry skin. Its mild kaolin clay gently exfoliates skin increasing circulation without depleting moisture. Rosewater helps maintain skin’s pH balance, is an anti-inflammatory, and hydrates and revitalizes skin giving it a refreshed look. The pleasant aroma has proven to ease anxiety. It’s also known as a natural conditioner that stimulates hair growth.
This is a cute little set that sticks with the “About Face” theme. We received some instructions with the set. You are to mix the powder mask with a bit of water, apply to face, let dry and remove with a warm washcloth. The rosewater can be used on hair, face or body.
Glow for a Cause Facial Nourishing Cream ($38)
This facial nourishing cream is enriched with organic calendula and proven to be highly effective in preventing skin from over drying. It is lightly scented with 100% pure essential oils of lemon, bergamot and tangerine. Feel great this month knowing your purchase made the world a bit more beautiful. Dot Boxx purchases benefited Cowgirls vs Cancer.
I am in love with this brand!! I actually have this face cream sitting beside the bathroom sink as we speak. I beyond excited to receive it for a second time because I really love the formula. It’s a tad on the heavy side, but it’s very moisturizing and smells amazing. Calendula oil is a wonderful ingredient for skin. I’ve been known to use it on it’s own. Anytime I see Glow for a Cause products in a subscription box the perceived value automatically increases.
Krystle’s Craft Den Handmade Cotton Face Scrubbies ($19)
These eco-friendly face scrubbies are made from 100% USA grown cotton and can be used to exfoliate skin, as makeup removal pads or however you choose. Use them over and over again. Just throw them in the laundry.
How cute are these!? Oh my goodness. I just love them! I love using face wipes but feel bad throwing them away. These will solve that problem.
Herbal Transdermal Botanical Makeup Remover ($15)
Bonus Subscriber Surprise – This amazing product not only removes makeup, but also unclogs pores and reduces oxidative damage, the #1 cause of aging skin.
SkinCraft Organics Lip Balm
I think this might be another bonus item? I am always happy to receive lip balm.
The Creme Shop Face Masks
Calm Down – Refresh with a cat nap and a cat mask. Infused with pink grapefruit, this calico cat is rich in lycopene to heal inflammation and sun damage.
Wake Up – Skimped on a few hours of beauty sleep? Not to worry! This rejuvenating mask brings life back to tired skin. Infused with coconut gel, this rambunctious raccoon moisturizes and renews dull skin.
This month we received a nice mixture of healthy treats and sweet treats. Veggie Straws are a personal favourite and the Skinny Cow Caramels look so good!
Is it weird that this is one of my favourite items in the box?! I love receiving tea in my Time of the Month boxes. I use to drink Raspberry Leaf tea all the time. It is supposed to ease the symptoms of PMS, and It is naturally high in magnesium, potassium, iron and b-vitamins which make it helpful for nausea.
This is my second favourite item(s) in the box. I love these little travel-size essentials. I put them in a cute little makeup bag and carry them in my purse at all times.
Pads & Tampons
In this month’s box I received 12 tampons and 12 pads. You are able to customize your box based on the following:
- Pads Only: Unopened pack of 12-18 ct Always pads or 15 Kotex or Stayfree pads
- Tampons Only: Unopened pack of 14-18-ct box of Tampax tampons or 18 Kotex or Playtex tampons
- Half & Half: 12 Pads & 12 Tampons
Dot Boxx Review July 2017 – Final Thoughts
Umm……how can you not love this box!!! Dot Boxx is easily one of the best Time of the Month subscription boxes on the market. Once again I am blown away by the number of items we received. It’s so much fun to unbox because it feels like it never ends. We receive absolutely everything we need to survive our period, as well as a few items to make us feel pampered. I am so impressed with this box. It is definitely at the top of my favourites list!
Dot Boxx is a monthly care package for females of all ages. Boxxes are available with or without period essentials. Choose your ship date, the exact number of pads or […]