HelloFresh Canada Review May 2017
HelloFresh Canada delivers fresh ingredients and healthy, chef-curated recipes based on seasonal farm fresh ingredients straight to your doorstep each week. Every week HelloFresh members choose three meals from a selection of award-winning, constantly-changing recipes (say goodbye to recipe boredom!). A Year of Boxes pays for this subscription.
Eeek!! I am SO excited to finally get my hands on a HelloFresh box. I am obsessed with recipe kit delivery services……beyond obsessed. They have completely changed my dinner game. Not to mention the fact that they reduce my food waste and save me a ton of money!! Seriously, how can you go wrong.
Today we are having a quick look at my very first HelloFresh Canada delivery. I will be posting the recipes at a later date. Today I just want to show you what the box looks like when it arrives, and give you some details on your subscription options.
HelloFresh Canada has recently expanding their shipping locations to include – Ontario, Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta, British Columbia, and the Maritimes. This is awesome!! If you are thinking about giving this subscription a try, here are your options:
- Choose Your Plan:
- Pronto Plan ($11.67 per meal)
- The Pronto Plan is quick, convenient, delicious and nutritious! Meals are simple to prepare, taking under 30 minutes to make, and full of exciting flavours to help break your mealtime routine.
- 3 Recipes per week for 2 or 4 people
- Family Plan ($10.83 per meal)
- Our Family Plan features easy-to-follow recipes with fresh, healthy ingredients. It’s the best way to get the entire family (even picky eaters!) into the kitchen to cook and enjoy dinner together.
- 3 Recipes per week for 4 people
- Veggie Plan ($12.33 per meal)
- Our Veggie Plan involves an abundance of seasonal produce, hearty grains, and vegetarian friendly proteins.
- 3 Recipes per week for 2 people
- Pronto Plan ($11.67 per meal)
- Choose Your Delivery Day: Tuesday or Wednesday
- Receive Your Weekly Delivery & Enjoy!
Note: Recipe selection is limited. The Pronto Plan and Family Plan only offer 4 recipe options per week and the Veggie Plan only provides 3 recipes which means with the Veggie Plan you do not get to choose your recipes.
Here’s a look at the recipes I received in my very first HelloFresh Canada Box:
Rustic Fennel and Goat Cheese Tart with Walnut and Fig Green Beans
Light and flaky puff pastry is a game-changer when it comes to impressive weeknight meals. You’ll love the crunch of the buttery base that’s baked to perfection. We’ve used it to make a tasty onion and goat cheese tart, and served it with sweet figgy green beans.
Note: I noticed that the fennel is already starting to brown so I have emailed customer service to see what they suggest.
Paneer and Eggplant Curry with Cinnamon-Spiced Rice
Paneer is a fresh semi-firm cheese commonly used in South Asian cuisine. Its mild flavour complements this curry sauce perfectly! Coupled with pan-fried eggplant, this delicious dish makes the perfect vegetarian meal.
Harissa-Roasted Carrot and Avocado Salad with Israeli Couscous
Spicy harissa dressing pairs deliciously with sweet carrots and golden avocado in this hearty dinner salad. Mixed with Isaraeli couscous and topped with sour cream, this is one dish you won’t soon forget!
Note: Here again I noticed that some of the veggies were starting to brown (the arugula). I have emailed customer service about this one as well.
What I Love About HelloFresh Canada
- They have a veggie option
- They post the recipes on the website so if you loose one of the cards you still have access to it
- You can “favourite” recipes and refer back to them via your HelloFresh account
- They have a recipe archive
- The ingredients are packaged in boxes which make them convenient to store in the fridge
- You can skip a delivery anytime
- Delivery is FREE
- Their Pronto Plan & Veggie Plan offers pre-cut veggies
HelloFresh Canada Review May 2017 – Final thoughts
For my very first HelloFresh Canada delivery I am impressed. There are some things I love about it, and a couple things I would change. Part of me doesn’t love the fact that I don’t get to choose my meals with the veggie option, but part of me likes the simplicity of it. I don’t have to worry about logging in to my account every week to pick my recipes, I can just sit back and wait for them to arrive. I LOVE the way each recipe is packaged, my organizational side is more than satisfied. I find that the recipes cards aren’t as detailed as some of the other meal delivery services I have tried, but I do love the fact that they keep the recipes on their website and allow you to download them anytime you want. I still need to test out the recipes, but so far I am very happy.
Want to test it out yourself? Enjoy $25 off your first & second box with code HFCA50WELCOME – CLICK HERE
WE PLAN. WE SHOP. WE DELIVER. YOU COOK. HelloFresh is a meal-kit service dedicated to making cooking fun, easy and convenient. Each week, HelloFresh creates new delicious recipes with step-by-step […]