MissFresh Review: Spicy Tofu Tortillas
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone. It is a meal subscription service that takes charge of bringing you directly to your doorstep all the fresh and pre portioned ingredients you need to prepare your healthy meals from around the world in under 30 minutes.
We recently started receiving MissFresh deliveries again (it has been a little while) and wanted to show you one of 3 recipes we received this past week. But first, let’s review the MissFresh subscription details…….
If you aren’t familiar with MissFresh it is a recipe delivery service. Each week you get to choose from up to 13 different recipes. You receive all the ingredients you need (shipped over night) as well as easy to follow instructions.
Meal Box: Meal Kits start at $7.49 per portion and you can choose from the following options…
- Vegetarian Box: Our weekly selection of vegetarian recipes packed with seasonal vegetables, hearty grains and animal-free proteins. Whether you are vegetarian or a meat-lover, you will enjoy refined dining with these unique and delicious meatless recipes. Starting at $8.49/portion.
- Chef Box: Our weekly selection of recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. You’ll love the flavorful variety of these family friendly recipes. Starting at $7.49/portion.
- Custom Box: Your selection amongst all our available gourmet recipes including meat, fish, produce, and grains. Choose your favorites based on your dietary preference. Starting at $7.99/portion.
- Kilo Solution Box: Isabelle Huot, Ph.D in nutrition, presents her selection of healthy, delicious and tasty recipes. In less than 30 minutes, savour a balanced and satisfying meal developed following rigorous nutritional criteria. Perfect to enjoy by yourself, with your partner or amongst friends. The pleasure of dining well without the guilt! Starting at $8.99/portion.
Choose to receive 2-5 meals per week depending on your meal plan, portion sizes of 2, 4 or 6 are available.
With the Custom Box you get to choose your own meals and with the other boxes meals are chosen for you.
Note: They also offer a snack box and a beverage box.
Here’s a look at one of the recipes we received this past week….
Spicy Tofu Tortillas with Kidney Beans & Bell Peppers
A simple and classic dinner with a twist. These tortillas are filled with beans, spicy tofu, tomatoes and bell peppers. Topped with greek yogurt, fresh coriander and drizzled with lime juice, it is perfection on a plate.
- 4 g Coriander
- 1 tsp Cumin
- 3 tbsp Greek Yogurt
- ½ Jalapeño(s)
- ½ Lime(s)
- 2 tsp Olive Oil (not included)
- 1/2 cup(s) Red Kidney Beans
- 1 tbsp Smoked Paprika
- 225 g Tofu
- 1 Tomato
- 4 Tortilla(s)
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- ½ Yellow Onion
- Prepare the vegetables:
- Cut pepper, onion and tomato into small dice. Finely chop the coriander leaves. Cut lime into sections. Slice the jalapeño (wash hands thoroughly after handling).
- Heat olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add pepper and onion and cook for 5 minutes. Add the cumin and continue cooking for another 2 minutes.
- Cut the tofu into 2 cm cubes. Add to the pan and cook 3-4 minutes.
- Add beans (rinsed and drained), tomato and smoked paprika, then cook 5 more minutes. Add a little water if the contents are too dry.
- Meanwhile, heat the tortillas in a dry skillet or in the oven.
- Place the tofu and bean mixture on the tortillas, then garnish with coriander and yogurt. Serve with lime wedges and jalapeño.
MissFresh is a Canadian company that strives to help people lead a healthier lifestyle by making eating healthy at home easy and accessible to everyone.