My Ireland Box Review June 2018
Shipping from Ireland to the USA, Canada and Australia, MyIrelandBox is a monthly box of curated Irish made surprises that will send you a hug each month from the Emerald Isle! Expect only the best of Irish Design – Irish made craft, jewellery, traditional music, accessories, natural beauty & contemporary Irish lifestyle surprises for your home. They kindly sent us this box for review.
When you sign up for My Ireland Box you can expect the following:
- Shipping from Dingle, Ireland, in the heart of Irish tradition and culture, you will receive.
- A different theme every month – it may be ‘Irish Cottage’, ‘Blasket Island’, ‘St. Patrick’s Day’, ‘Christmas’ or Thanksgiving themed as just examples of our popular themes.
- 3 to 5 Irish made surprises each month and a detailed letter fromKatharine, our founder, to you giving you information on the wonderful Makers that we work with, Irish culture and traditions and in insight in to the next month’s theme.
- An insight in to Irish culture, tradition and craft.
- A chance to win the Golden Shamrock prize each month – one lucky subscribers wins it each month!
- An opportunity to become part of the MyIrelandBox community – interaction with Katharine & our team and to share your love for Ireland.
Here’s a peek at the items we received in the June box…..
Under the Pillow Paper Goods – County Dublin
This saying is a wonderful Irish saying that is loved amongst the Irish and we are sure that some of you know it well. Frame it and hang it up for all to see – we are sure that you will impress your guests with your Irish language skills.
This is a gorgeous print that will be perfect for my office or hallway.
Rachel Webb Ceramics – Galaway
When we spotted these adorable pieces of porcelain we were immediately reminded of the little raindrops that patter against the old sash window on the traditional Irish cottage in the West of Ireland. Place your raindrop by itself on a window ledge so that it can greet its fellow raindrops outside, or place a photograph in it.
This is the cutest little porcelain raindrop!!! I fell in love with it immediately. What a great way to display your favourite photo or maybe even a small art print.
Irish Granny’s Cookbook – Gill & Macmillan Ltd
This little book has the most wonderful recipes that are truly representative of the meals that our grannies use to cook us – and indeed what our mothers cook for us and for our children.
I’m a baker so this little book is perfect for me. I could spend hours paging through recipe books.
Placed – Rene Mullins – Belfast, County Antrim
We asked Rene to create something special for our subscribers this month that would fit with our Irish cottage theme and we both decided on a good quality tote with her adorable screen print of the “Bainne”, “Siucra” and “Tae” – milk sugar and tea image.
I use canvas totes on a regular basis so I personally think they are a great addition to any subscription box.
My Ireland Box Review June 2018 – Final Thoughts
What a cute box! I am very happy with the June My Ireland Box. There are a few things that appeal to me about this subscription:
- it ships from Dingle, Ireland
- they have a new theme each month (with this month having an Irish Cottage theme)
- they include a nice mixture of items
- some of the items are handmade
I think this would make a lovely gift. I really enjoyed opening the box and learning about each item tucked inside. My Ireland Box has done a wonderful job with the June box and I expect it will be the same next month and the month after……